Wednesday 17 February 2016

13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson Book Review

I have to say that I didn't really enjoy this book. The premise was good, though I feel like it could have had much better results. The main character, Ginny Blackstone, felt irritating and unrealistic to me, and I felt like the plot was a bit unrealistic. One thing I did like was the aunt's story, and I enjoyed seeing where she would send Ginny to next. Ginny's interactions with people annoyed me, and her as a character frustrated me so much. The ending tied up some ends, though I don't feel like it completely closed everything off, though I suppose those questions may be answered in the sequel. Another thing I didn't enjoy too much was Maureen Johnson's writing style, which is surprising, since I didn't mind it in Let It Snow, which I read last year. My favourite part would have to be in the overnight train to Paris, or when they were in London, just to see how stupid Ginny was in that she didn't know how to use the Tube or one of those hand-held showers. I would recommend it to people who like travel, (kind of) cutesy books and don't mind annoying main characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment