Friday 17 June 2016

The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine

The Shadow Queen is a fairy tale retelling of Snow White. I enjoyed this book, while not loving it. I thought the concept was interesting, though something just didn't click for me and I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have, though I'm not sure why. I felt like it was just a bit too similar too other things for me to really enjoy it. I did think the dragon thing was cool though, but I felt like the relationship between Lorelai and Kol was a bit unrealistic at times though in general it was okay. I feel like it needed more world building and plot development. It's quite similar to a lot of other books, though I didn't really mind. I will continue with this series, though I'm not going to be running for a copy. Overall I would recommend this to people who want a light-hearted, fast (if a little rushed) fairy tale retelling. I gave it a 4 star, 79%.

No comments:

Post a Comment