Thursday 17 March 2016

Naughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman

I was told to read this book by my dad, and I am glad I did. Normally my dad tells me to read classics and expects me to finish them in a few days, but occasionally he has good recommendations, like The Knife of Never Letting Go. Naughts and Crosses follows a society where black Crosses are 'superior' to white Naughts, and we have two main characters, Sephy, a Cross, and Callum, a naught. I would recommend this to anyone who is interested in racism, YA books and inspiring books in general. The ending shocked me, and I can't wait to read the next one. I didn't really like any of the characters, as Sephy annoyed me and Callum was...meh... Their romance seemed very real, and the problems they dealt with seemed realistic. I gave this a 5 star, 91%

No comments:

Post a Comment