Tuesday 29 March 2016

Truthwitch by Susan Dennard

Truthwitch is a YA fantasy about two girls, Threadsisters, called Safi and Iseult. I like this book, though I felt disappointed by the hype, even though I still enjoyed it. I felt like the world building was underdeveloped, but other than that it was great. My favourite character would have to be Iseult, as I liked her much more than Safi, who I found a bit annoying. I loved Merik, (mainly just my bias towards princes) and I found the whole concept interesting, though I felt like the different types of witches needed more explaining and the history of the Witchlands. I loved the bit where the sea monster thing attacked the ship and the end was really good. Overall I would give this a 88% and 5 stars, and I can't wait for the sequel, which I think has lots of potential to be even better than Truthwitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment